Veneers are thin onlays on the tooth (microprostheses) that “stick” to the front of the teeth. They replace the outer layer of the teeth, resulting in such a kind of facing of the tooth. Most often, veneers are placed on the teeth of the visible smile line. You will get the perfect smile in 2 visits to the dentist. You should look for a qualified dentist for this procedure. Bauer Dental Arts is a clinic that does veneers upper east side, New York.
If you need a gentle and fast restoration of the anterior teeth, then veneers are the right option. It is no coincidence that now many film and television stars, representatives of public professions, turn to veneration.
Benefits of Veneers
- Perfect teeth can be obtained quickly. It usually only takes two visits to the dentist.
- You can correct not only the color and shape of your teeth but also protect them. As a result of the procedure, the tooth gains additional strength.
- In contrast to crowns, veneers require minimal tooth turning, and periodontal tissues are not injured. Most importantly, the tooth remains alive. As a rule, turning is only needed from the outside. In some cases, you can do it without grinding a tooth altogether.
- Veneers made from modern materials do not darken or fade over time, and plaque does not accumulate on them.
- It looks like natural teeth and gives natural whiteness to your smile.
- No special care is required.
Methods for Installing Veneers
Depending on where the veneers are made – directly in the patient’s oral cavity or the laboratory, they can be direct and indirect.
- Direct dental veneers are made in one visit to the dentist. In this case, extensive processing of the tooth is not required. But there are two drawbacks. First, you will have to spend at least 1-2 hours in the dentist’s chair. Second, these veneers usually require frequent replacement.
- Indirect veneers are made as follows: first, the teeth are ground, and an impression is taken, then the dental technician in the laboratory makes the veneers. Manufacturing may take several days, during which time the patient wears temporary plastic overlays. The veneer is tried on before installation. If everything is fine, it is installed. If there are defects, they are sent for revision. A big plus of the indirect method is a longer service life (from 5 to 15 years without replacement).
The lifespan of veneers largely depends on how the patient cares for them.
- Follow the hygiene rules: brush your teeth two times a day, clean the interdental spaces with dental floss.
- Visit your dentist regularly, carry out professional teeth cleaning.
- Avoid putting too much pressure on veneers or gnawing on solid foods. Never open bottles with your teeth.
- It is recommended to refrain from consuming large quantities of tea, coffee, red wine, and other coloring products.